Friday, May 04, 2007

Hannah claps her hands!

On Wednesday, May 2, I had to go to Old Town to get estimates about a dinner we want to organize to thank the mentor teachers in the practicum course. So I went to several restaurants...though this is not the story.

What IS the story is that I went into Barnes and Noble and Hannah, for some reason, must have liked the place. She started laughing non-stop! And the more she laughed, the more she got tempted! And she laughed even harder! You could hear her laugh from a distance!

It was incredible... To the point that a woman looked at her and said to me: My God! I can't stop looking at her. Is she always like this? And I said: She is a happy baby but I have to say that she is very excited.... There was a young guy sitting on the floor and reading a book. He kept turning over to look at Hannah. And he smiled and smiled. But he did not say anything....

Then, we went to an Argentine restaurant, Il Capo, and Hannah suddenly started clapping and clapping. She had clapped before. But this time she did it for several seconds. And when I celebrated what she did, she kept doing it.... It was a wonderful day! Kuki

1 comment:

bestmom said...

Dear Kuki,

I have to say this is really funny. Well look at the bright sight I am glad that she was laughing and not crying like my lovely daughter who was screaming on top of her lungs in the mall last winter break. I mean I had people stopping and giving dirty looks as if I did something to her. I felt like saying OK show is over move people and I had to take her out. She wanted to be held and not sit in her stroller.
But I will never forget that day last summer. Hannalie was about 6 months old and we were home alone and I was trying to feed her (solid food). She was getting into the habit of spitting the food thinking it is funny. But that day she would spit and laugh so hard like adult with loud noise. It is hard for me to describe it but I sure can imitate it and I will tell her one day about this incident. I wish I had a camera to record that day. She knew that I didn’t like that she was spitting yet she did it and laughed so hard. I couldn’t resist joining her and I started laughing too. Probably if it was in your situation (being out in the public) people would have thought I am crazy (not my daughter since she is only a baby).

I guess this is what motherhood all about sharing laughs and tears sometimes.

As happy mother’s day wish I hope that you always share laughs and giggles

bestmom